The bear Winnie the Pooh quotes are being remembered has one of the most inspirational quotes, it’s also has friendship and love quotes. With thought-provoking sayings that brings life issues and moments to fore. Not to forget that, this quotes are adapted from a children’s book, they prepare children to appreciate life and handle matters arising with courage, wisdom and sense.
The book is written by Alan Alexander Milne and was mostly inspired by his son, his stuffed toys and the events at the time. The words, quotes and sayings adapted from the book, have a lifelong effect on any children and adult. The effect of the books intellectual writing has earned Winnie the Pooh the most valuable fictional character in the past. It is still a best-selling brand, with a high commercial success. Some of the merchandise and books can be purchased on Amazon.
Winnie the Pooh is honored every January 18th, otherwise known as Winnie the Pooh Day, a time for fans world-wide to celebrate. The day is actually the birthday of the author, Alan Alexander Milne.
Quick Facts about Winnie the Pooh
- Christopher Robin is the actual name of the author’s son Christopher Robin Milne.
- Winnie the Pooh was the name given to his son’s stuffed bear.
- Disney holds the copyright to Winnie the Pooh. This will expire in 2026.
- Most of the names used in the book are inspired by real names and location.
The Most Famous Winnie the Pooh Quotes and Their Meanings:
Some of the most famous Winnie the Pooh quotes include “Think, think, think,” “Oh bother,” and “It’s not what we have, but who we have.” These quotes have different meanings, but they all share a common theme of wisdom and simplicity.
“Think, think, think” is a quote that reminds us to take our time and think things through. It encourages us to use our minds and think critically about the world around us. “Oh bother” is a phrase that Winnie the Pooh uses when he is frustrated or annoyed. It is a lighthearted way of expressing frustration and reminds us not to take ourselves too seriously. “It’s not what we have, but who we have” is a quote that reminds us of the importance of relationships. It encourages us to focus on the people in our lives and the connections we have with them, rather than material possessions.
Best Inspirational Quotes from Winnie the Pooh
- “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
- “Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart.”
- “Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon.”
- “Always watch where you are going. Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the forest that was left out by mistake.”
- “Let’s Begin by taking a smallish nap or two.”
- “Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.“
- ”It’s always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you want him or whether you don’t.”
- ”Poetry and Hums aren’t things which you get, they’re things which get you. And all you can do is go where they can find you.”
- ”A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.”
- “Before beginning a Hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it.“
- ”People who don’t think probably don’t have brains; rather, they have grey fluff that’s blown into their heads by mistake.”
- ”I used to believe in forever; But forever’s too good to be true.”
- ”It is hard to be brave, when you’re only a Very Small Animal.”
- “Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.“
- “If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.“
- “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”
“Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.“
- “Eighteen pockets in one suit? I haven’t the time.”
- “She would know a good thing to do without thinking about it.”
- “They have no imagination. A tail is just a tail to them, just a little something extra in the back.”
Best Friendship Quotes from Winnie the Pooh
“I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams we can be together all the time.”
- “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, “What about lunch?”
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
- “A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.”
- “A day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day.”
- ”You can’t help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn’t spell it right; but spelling isn’t everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn’t count.”
- “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.“
- “Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
- “He said it twice because he had never said it before, and it sounded funny.”
- “It’s so much more friendly with two.”
Best Love Quotes from Winnie the Pooh
- “Love is taking a few steps backward maybe even more… to give way to the happiness of the person you love.”
- “Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.”
- “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.”
- Piglet: “How do you spell love?”
Pooh: “You don’t spell it, you feel it.”
- “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.”
- “Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?“
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
- “I have been Foolish and Deluded,” said he, “and I am a Bear of No Brain at All.” “You’re the Best Bear in All the World,” said Christopher Robin soothingly. “Am I?” said Pooh hopefully. And then he brightened up suddenly. “Anyhow,” he said, “it is nearly Luncheon Time.” So he went home for it.”
- “Winnie the Pooh finds comfort in counting his pots of honey, and Rabbit finds comfort in knowing where his relations are – even if he doesn’t need them at the moment.”
- “Oh, Bear!” said Christopher Robin. “How I do love you!” “So do I,” said Pooh.”
The quotes above are collected from Winnie the Pooh materials, some may have not been authored by Alan Alexander Milne but inspired by his works.